Camp Smith, HI
Essential Role and Responsibilities
Strategy & Planning
- Collaborate with network staff to ensure smooth and reliable operation of software and systems forfulfilling business objectives and processes.
- Work with executive team members, decision makers, and stakeholders to define businessrequirements and systems goals, and to identify and resolve business systems issues.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Designs and defines network architecture for new or existing computer systems
- Performs complex network development and design work.
- Participates in the upgrading of operating systems and design of network enhancements.
- Provides input for documentation on new or existing networks.
- Develops and conducts tests to ensure networks meet documented user requirements.
- Identifies, analyzes, and resolves network problems.
- Provides network/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance.
- Determines network specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters forhardware/software compatibility.
- May provide guidance and leadership to less-experienced systems engineers.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Comprehensive knowledge of network engineering principles, methods, and techniques.
- Knowledge of the associated hardware, software, and equipment.
- Participates in special projects as assigned.
- This position may be required to complete short-term deployments to INDOPACOM AOR.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Knowledge and experience with routing and switching protocols (e.g. OSPF, EIGRP, BGP,Spanning Tree Protocol, ISAKMP, ESP, SIP, SCCP, etc.)
- Knowledge and experience with current Cisco IOS software and hardware features
- Ability to configure and troubleshoot Multicast
- Ability to configure and troubleshoot DMVPN and GRE tunnels
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment and multi-task while still ensuring high qualityof work
- Highly organized with strong ability to prioritize work and work autonomously
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Great attention to detail and presentation
- Results driven, highly efficient, energetic and highly motivated
- Must possess a high degree of intelligence, competence, maturity, adaptability, resilience, integrityand initiative
- The work is typically performed at client site locations, which requires proper safety precautions; work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials, boxes or equipment.
- Completed CCNP Routing and Switching or CCNP Enterprise
- Knowledge and experience with VoIP/collaboration systems
- Knowledge and experience with HAIPE-based encryption devices
- Knowledge and experience with data center networking
- Understanding of network virtualization
- Understanding of concepts presented in the VMware Data Center Virtualization Fundamentals course
- Understanding of VxRail Manager and best practices
- VDI experience highly desired
- IAT Level II
- CCNA Certification required
- Additional specific certifications may be required, depending on job assignment.
Skills, Knowledge and Competencies
- Communication skills - able to communicate in a clear, articulate, and professional manner on a daily basis via written and oral communications with customer contracting representatives, Silotech employees, and subcontract/teaming partner contracting organizations.
- Interpersonal and Customer Relations skills - able to maintain a professional and courteous attitude with employees and third-party individuals at all times to resolve conflicts and address any issues within the contractual structure and regulations.
- Planning/Organizational skills - able to prioritize work activities, use time efficiently and work through projects in a self-motivated manner balancing efforts between contracts, vendor agreements, and pricing requests.
- Adaptability - able to adapt to rapid changes in the work environment, manage competing demands and able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Problem-solving skills - able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; gather and analyze information skillfully; able to apply independent judgment on a regular basis in making decisions.
- Time Management skills - able to use time effectively in a semi-supervised fashion, pursuing other activities when regular duties have reduced in volume; able to complete projects in a timely manner. Will work with occasional supervision over repetitive tasks. New duties or project type tasks may receive strict or direct supervision, depending upon the nature of the task(s).
General office environment. Lighting and temperature are adequate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
With reasonable accommodation, individual should be capable of performing the essential duties listed above.
Silotech Group is an EO employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled.
Silotech Group is an EO employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.