Fort Meade, Maryland
Essential Role and Responsibilities
The SharePoint Technical Architect will provide applied subject matter expertise to high level analysis, collection, assessment, migration, design, development, modeling, simulation, integration, installation, documentation, and implementation. He/She will resolve problems which require an intimate knowledge of the related technical subject matter. The SharePoint Technical Architect will apply principles and methods of the subject matter to specialized solutions.
- Working in partnership with the SharePoint Functional Architect, functions as the primary SharePoint Online, Teams, and OneDrive for Business technical expert across multiple project teams and across functional units (where appropriate), while serving as a key coordinator between multiple project teams to document and implement new initiatives
- Assumes a lead role in the creation of the Governance, CONOPS, and SOP documentation for SharePoint Online, Teams, and OneDrive for Business
- Provides input into SharePoint technologies training and best practice guidance documentation as needed
- Assists in design and implementation of required components within the environment. This includes architecture, STIG application, system hardening, and file system structures as applies to SharePoint Online, Teams, and OneDrive for Business.
- Assists with architecture and implementation of new solutions approved for integration into the O365 environment as pertains to SharePoint Online, Teams, and OneDrive for Business
- Assists with testing, management, and reporting of new and existing capabilities in SharePoint Online, Teams, and OneDrive for Business
- Works with the SharePoint Developers as needed to assist with design of appropriate solutions to meet customer needs and expectations
- Participates in team and customer interactions to analyze, design, and document SharePoint solutions and architecture suited to specific business needs and processes
- Oversees and assists with assessments, documentation, and presentation of results to customers in preparation for migrations of their current SharePoint, OneDrive, and File shares into O365 and SharePoint Online
- Works with project teams and customers to plan, document, oversee and/or assist with migrations of customer data into SharePoint Online, Teams, and OneDrive for Business
- Provides responses for other team members in support of end user support requests as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- BS Degree
- 10 years of experience (additional years of experience and/or certifications may be considered in place of education)
- 3+ years managing Office 365 services in a large-scale environment
- Expertise in Cloud, Azure, MS Office 365 environments with emphasis on SharePoint Online
- Expertise with environment design and integration of new components and features within Azure and O365
- Expertise with multiple SharePoint assessment and migration tools (i.e. AvePoint, Metalogix, etc.)
- High proficiency with complex migrations into SharePoint Online
- High proficiency with PowerShell scripting in support of SharePoint configuration, management, and migrations
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a highly collaborative, fast-paced, growth-focused environment
- Solid work ethic and the ability to work in a mission critical environment independently and as part of a team
- IAT Level II Certification
- Active DoD Top Secret clearance
Skills, Knowledge and Competencies
- Communication skills - able to communicate in a clear, articulate, and professional manner on a daily basis via written and oral communications with customer contracting representatives, Silotech employees, and subcontract/teaming partner contracting organizations.
- Interpersonal and Customer Relations skills - able to maintain a professional and courteous attitude with employees and third-party individuals at all times to resolve conflicts and address any issues within the contractual structure and regulations.
- Planning/Organizational skills - able to prioritize work activities, use time efficiently and work through projects in a self-motivated manner balancing efforts between contracts, vendor agreements, and pricing requests.
- Adaptability - able to adapt to rapid changes in the work environment, manage competing demands and able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Problem-solving skills - able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; gather and analyze information skillfully; able to apply independent judgment on a regular basis in making decisions.
- Time Management skills - able to use time effectively in a semi-supervised fashion, pursuing other activities when regular duties have reduced in volume; able to complete projects in a timely manner. Will work with occasional supervision over repetitive tasks. New duties or project type tasks may receive strict or direct supervision, depending upon the nature of the task(s).
General office environment. Lighting and temperature are adequate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
With reasonable accommodation, individual should be capable of performing the essential duties listed above
Silotech Group is an EO employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled.
Silotech Group is an EO employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.