Essential Role and Responsibilities
- Ability to configure and implement commercially available software for use in secure Information Technology (IT) networks to prevent data spillage or leakage and facilitate the operation, management, and auditing of IT systems.
- Capability to engineer the integration of multiple projects and organizations IT infrastructure into one cohesive system
- Maintain operational awareness of system status, initiate and perform maintenance, and perform incident management activities with the primary objective of returning service to customers.
- Assist Government Technical Writers to draft IT System Engineering Logical and Physical drawings.
- Have strong working-level hands-on System Administration experience with the following technologies:
- Active Directory infrastructure design, installation, maintenance and continued modernization
- Group Policy (GPO) Administration
- DNS and DHCP
- Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- Microsoft System Center Operations Manager (SCOM)
- PowerShell scripting and automation
- Red Hat/Centos Linux configuration and administration
- Linux Open stack/KVM
- Linux Containers, Puppet, Cobbler
- Red Hat Network (RHN)/Spacewalk
- Ansible automation
- VMware vSphere
- VMware Horizon View VDI
- VMware NSX
- NAS/SAN (PureStorage and/or NetApp storage)
- Bachelor's degree in a STEM-related field with 10 years of experience or 15 years experience
Must have at least two of the following certifications:
- Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE)
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA)
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP)
- TS SCI with a Full Scope Poly
Skills, Knowledge, and Competencies
- Communication skills - able to communicate in a clear, articulate, and professional manner on a daily basis via written and oral communications with customer contracting representatives, Silotech employees, and subcontract/teaming partner contracting organizations.
- Interpersonal and Customer Relations skills - able to maintain a professional and courteous attitude with employees and third-party individuals at all times to resolve conflicts and address any issues within the contractual structure and regulations.
- Planning/Organizational skills - able to prioritize work activities, use time efficiently and work through projects in a self-motivated manner balancing efforts between contracts, vendor agreements, and pricing requests.
- Adaptability - able to adapt to rapid changes in the work environment, manage competing demands and able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Problem-solving skills - able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; gather and analyze information skillfully; able to apply independent judgment on a regular basis in making decisions.
- Time Management skills - able to use time effectively in a semi-supervised fashion, pursuing other activities when regular duties have reduced in volume; able to complete projects in a timely manner. Will work with occasional supervision over repetitive tasks. New duties or project type tasks may receive strict or direct supervision, depending upon the nature of the task(s).
General office environment. Lighting and temperature are adequate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
With reasonable accommodation, individual should be capable of performing the essential duties listed above.
Silotech Group is an EO employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled.
Silotech Group is an EO employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.