Fort Meade, Maryland
Essential Role and Responsibilities
Successful candidate serves as Subject Matter Expert involving Data and Information retention systems, especially in the integration, configuration, and best practices within the environment. The Records Management IT Engineering Specialist will oversee and monitor RM system implementation efforts across the tenant and assess system impact(s) and requirements of the program.
- Integrate and configure RM Information Systems, either native to the tenant or third-party, to align with established governance and policies
- Support in the development of governance and policies related to Records Management.
- Execute the recommended configurations within the IL6 environment to ensure Records Management compliance and customer usability
- Provide guidance regarding system enhancement of implementation to the organization regarding RM
- Assist in the administration of records management program, including policy adherence, providing guidelines, assisting in digital implementation and defining automated methods to detect associated preservation orders.
- Coordinate with the customer to ensure proper record retention, archival, and deletion of duplicative data
- Other duties as assigned
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 6+ years’ experience
- Experience with implementing one or more enterprise content management systems and systems of records – SharePoint, OpenText, Documentum etc.
- Demonstrated experience with Records Disposition Schedule
- Exceptional analytical, research, and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in the ability to effectively manage risks, issues, and change requests
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills, including explaining technical and program requirements to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to thrive in a highly collaborative, fast-paced, growth-focused environment
- Ability to adapt to change effectively
- Strong and effective communication and presentation skills
- Strong attention to detail and highly organized
- Solid work ethic and the ability to work in a mission critical environment independently and as part of a team
- IAT Level II Certification
- Active DoD Top Secret clearance
Skills, Knowledge and Competencies
- Communication skills - able to communicate in a clear, articulate, and professional manner on a daily basis via written and oral communications with customer contracting representatives, Silotech employees, and subcontract/teaming partner contracting organizations.
- Interpersonal and Customer Relations skills - able to maintain a professional and courteous attitude with employees and third-party individuals at all times to resolve conflicts and address any issues within the contractual structure and regulations.
- Planning/Organizational skills - able to prioritize work activities, use time efficiently and work through projects in a self-motivated manner balancing efforts between contracts, vendor agreements, and pricing requests.
- Adaptability - able to adapt to rapid changes in the work environment, manage competing demands and able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Problem-solving skills - able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; gather and analyze information skillfully; able to apply independent judgment on a regular basis in making decisions.
- Time Management skills - able to use time effectively in a semi-supervised fashion, pursuing other activities when regular duties have reduced in volume; able to complete projects in a timely manner. Will work with occasional supervision over repetitive tasks. New duties or project type tasks may receive strict or direct supervision, depending upon the nature of the task(s).
General office environment. Lighting and temperature are adequate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
With reasonable accommodation, individual should be capable of performing the essential duties listed above
Silotech Group is an EO employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled.
Silotech Group is an EO employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.