Fort Meade, Maryland
Essential Role and Responsibilities
- Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems utilizing both on-premises and cloud-based hosting technologies
- Analyze requirements and system architectures to develop system requirements specifications and resulting design plans
- Reviews completion and implementation of system additions and/or enhancements and makes recommendations to management and/or clients
- Administer, operate, manage and maintain components for on-premises and cloud-based virtualized systems
- Plans and directs upgrades of Windows Server, Microsoft Exchange, and Azure/M365 infrastructure and related components
- Design and administer Configuration Management tools and suites and Patch Management solutions for desired state configuration and baseline management and control
- The selected candidate will design, build and deploy, and administer large scale multi-domain enterprise Windows Server, Microsoft Exchange, and Azure, M365, and O365 environments.
- Build, maintain and migrate a variety of physical and virtual systems to on-premises, cloud, or hybrid infrastructures.
- Demonstrable knowledge of migration best practices and troubleshooting.
- Experience designing and troubleshooting complex mail routing scenarios.
- Provide a breadth of expertise across numerous core enterprise messaging technologies.
- Remain current on emerging industry standard technologies.
- Responsible for levels of project completion of core infrastructure implementations and expected results.
- Responsible for client architectural design documentation.
- Ability to identify and mitigate technical risks when changes are made to the enterprise environment.
- Recognized for strong expertise in industry issues and trends.
- Utilize functional area expertise gained through direct industry experience to assess the operational and functional baseline of an organization and its organizational components.
- Embracing the DevOps model, engineers will be responsible for supporting their solutions throughout the entire IT project lifecycle, to include refining requirements, creating design documentation, creating installation instructions and deployment plans, and interacting with O&M support.
- Project assignments may include engineering geographically dispersed services, integrating services into public, private and hybrid cloud environments, engineering solutions to be deployed via automated CM tools, and hardening the solutions to address security and security compliance.
- Provides guidance and direction to other professionals, acts in a consulting and/or advisory capacity; coordinates resolution of highly complex problems and tasks, possesses ability to meet and operate under deadlines.
- BA/BS Degree
- 8 years of experience (additional years of experience and/or certifications may be considered in place of education)
- 3+ Years managing Office 365 services in a large-scale environment
- Experience with commercial cloud services (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Deep understanding of Microsoft Exchange 2016 & 2019 structure to include: database structure; mail routing and related protocols
- Knowledge of Microsoft Exchange and its interaction with Active Directory
- Familiarity with Exchange Online and understanding of Exchange hybrid designs and operations
- Understanding of directory sync into Azure AD
- Architectural understanding of O365 security constructs and data protections such as DLP, RMS/IRM, Azure Information Protection
- Experience with Microsoft Windows Server Active Directory design and implementation options
- Experience with Group Policy Management
- Experience with Windows DNS and DHCP
- Experience with Windows Server 2016 & 2019
- Experience and strong understanding of File and Storage Services, to include Distributed File System (DFS) Replication and Namespace management
- Experience with Microsoft Windows automation scripting with PowerShell or other scripting languages
- System configuration based on security guidelines such as DISA STIGs
- Experience coordinating the implementation of technical solutions on an enterprise scale.
- Experience managing and remediating Microsoft Windows Server and Microsoft Exchange solutions in a hybrid cloud environment.
- Ability to thrive in a highly collaborative, fast-paced, growth-focused environment
- IAT Level II Certification
- Active DoD Top Secret clearance
Skills, Knowledge and Competencies
- Communication skills - able to communicate in a clear, articulate, and professional manner on a daily basis via written and oral communications with customer contracting representatives, Silotech employees, and subcontract/teaming partner contracting organizations.
- Interpersonal and Customer Relations skills - able to maintain a professional and courteous attitude with employees and third-party individuals at all times to resolve conflicts and address any issues within the contractual structure and regulations.
- Planning/Organizational skills - able to prioritize work activities, use time efficiently and work through projects in a self-motivated manner balancing efforts between contracts, vendor agreements, and pricing requests.
- Adaptability - able to adapt to rapid changes in the work environment, manage competing demands and able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Problem-solving skills - able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; gather and analyze information skillfully; able to apply independent judgment on a regular basis in making decisions.
- Time Management skills - able to use time effectively in a semi-supervised fashion, pursuing other activities when regular duties have reduced in volume; able to complete projects in a timely manner. Will work with occasional supervision over repetitive tasks. New duties or project type tasks may receive strict or direct supervision, depending upon the nature of the task(s).
General office environment. Lighting and temperature are adequate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
With reasonable accommodation, individual should be capable of performing the essential duties listed above.
Silotech Group is an EO employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled.
Silotech Group is an EO employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.